It may seem straightforward to choose a pair of blinds for your window, but there is actually quite a lot to it. You need to make sure that you understand the different styles and the advantages and disadvantages that they all offer. You need to think about the level of protection you need, how you want to operate them, the color you prefer, the material and so on. Once you have decided on all of this, you can start thinking about the styles.
Styles of Blinds
- Roller blinds. These use just one sheet of material and they roll up completely to let in the light.
- Venetian blinds, which use horizontal aluminum slats that can be tilted to let in the light.
- Wood Venetian blinds, which are exactly the same but made from wood rather than aluminum.
- Vertical blinds, which are great for larger windows. They are the same as Venetian blinds, only the slats go from top to bottom rather than side to side. The blinds can also be pulled aside completely.
- Roman blinds, which are folded pieces of fabric that have a really luxurious look to them.
- Pleated blinds, which are similar to Roman blinds, but with stronger pleats.
So how do you choose from all these different options? It is all down to your personal preference, the room you want to place them in and your budget. Blinds are highly affordable nowadays, so you don’t really have to worry about not being able to afford what you actually want to have. However, because blinds are highly durable, it is important that you choose what you actually want to have, so that you don’t end up stuck with the wrong blinds for years to come. O also make sure that you choose a reputable company to purchase your blinds from.